Welcome to our FAQs. If you question isn’t answered here, drop us a line!
What Is Your Web Design Process?
- We require a 30% deposit and the balance on delivery of the site. Payment options are available.
- We first talk in depth about the kind of site you want.
- You provide all content (text, images, video, etc.), that you wish to use on the site.
You receive a mock-up of the home page for approval (~ 7-10 days)
- Two rounds of revisions are available, if you need them, to adjust the initial concept
Site build commences (~4 weeks)
- You receive a link to a password-protected area online to view your website, for approval
- We agree a date for install (~2-3 hours)
Do I Get A Blog?
Only if you want one. We create almost all of our sites using WordPress, arguably the most powerful and flexible online publishing tool available. You will be able to update your blog whenever, and pretty much wherever you are.
Can You Help Me Get A Domain Name?
Yes. We can register a domain for you and it will forever be in your name (never let an agency or freelancer register your domain in their name).
Can I Sell Products Or Services Directly On My Site?
Yes, you can, and you can accept payment by any means suitable. Please contact us for an individual quote as eCommerce can vary from the simple sale of an e-book to a fully-fledged online store.
How Does Hosting Work?
If you are a new to hosting, you sit back and relax while we set up your hosting and email, and get your new website installed. That’s it!
If you are migrating from another host, we have a step-by-step process to ensure everything moves over smoothly. Unless you are running a very large site there is no charge for migration.
Can I Transfer My Web Hosting To You?
Yes you can, there is no charge.
Will I lose any data or emails if I move?
No. We have moved inboxes with as many as 14,000 emails and not lost a single one.
How Long Does It Take To Migrate Hosting To You?
The actual process takes a maximum of 48 hours (this is called propagation). We undertake preparatory work beforehand which can usually be done in a day. If you are desperate to escape your current host we can have you moved over within a working week (schedule permitting).
How Does Web Maintenance Work?
When you need something changing just send your requirements by email (often it is more cost-effective to wait until you have two or three things that need attention, rather than sending things over one-by-one).
- We provide a time estimate.
- We never go over your agreed time without your permission.
- You sit back and relax while we get your site updated.
How Long Does It Take To Get Changes Made On My Website?
We aim to make all changes within a week of the request.